S. M. Hutchins tagged me today. :) My first smile of the day! Thank you!
Today is World Smile Day! Did you know there was such a thing? I didn’t until this morning, but here it is, World Smile Day 2012.
It started in 1999 as a day to spread smiles and kind acts to one another. Certainly every day is a good day to do that, but maybe today we can pay special attention to share kindness.
The basic idea is this:
On this day we call upon people around the globe to be thoughtful of others and use the power of smile and a kind act to make a small difference in the world in which we live.
That’s direct from worldsmileday.com.
- I am to publicly thank the people who gave them to me.
- I am to share some information about myself
- I am to nominate some of my favorite blogs
- I am to comment on their blogs to let them know I’ve awarded them.
- Favorite color: PINK!!!!! but sometimes BLUE
- Favorite animal: dog, but cats come in second. I have 2 cats, no dog--right now. We were talking pets right? If not GOATS!
- Favorite number: I don't do favorite numbers--that's like MATH!
- Favorite drink: Diet Dr Pepper-- no there isn't a period after the doctor...I may need to see a doctor about this addition
- Facebook or Twitter: I’m on both, but I’m more active on Facebook. I feel like it’s easier to follow conversations there. (Please take this opportunity to follow me if you haven’t already: facebook.com/dianalesirebrandmeyerauthor and twitter.com/dianabrandmeyer .
- Good book or good movie: Good book.
- Giving or getting gifts: I love giving the perfect gift. I love the shopping (hunting) for what will make someone smile.
- My passion: my family
- Favorite day: Sundays because I get to spend the day with my husband.
- Favorite flower: daisies
Liz Tolsma Heart, Soul and a touch of Sass
Elaine Stock Everybody's Story
Lillian's Test Kitchen Making gluten free food for the first time on camera
Diane Jones Knitting Galore
Patty Wysong Patterings