I changed it by adding dried bing cherries and white chocolate chips.
- 2 3/4 cups Blanched Almond Flour ( I use honeyville almond flour)
- 1/4 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup dried bing cherries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbs Agave Nectar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix together the Blanched Almond Flour, Celtic Sea Salt, Baking Soda,,Bing Cherries and white chocolate chips in one medium bowl.
- Whisk together the Eggs, Apple Cider Vinegar, and Agave Nectar in a small bowl
- Combine the wet into the dry ingredients. (if you let it sit for a moment, the vinegar will react to the baking soda and will froth a little bit. )
- Mix well
- Cut out parchment paper to line your pan (I used a pizza pan.)
- Plop the dough on the pan and mold it into a 8 inch circle that’s about 1 1/2 inch deep
- Using a serrated knife, score a cross into the dough that’s about 1/2 inch deep.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F
- Turn the oven off, but leave the bread in the oven for 10 more minutes
- When it’s been a total of 30 minutes (20 with the oven on, 10 with the oven off) Take the loaf out of the oven and let it cool for 30 minutes.
It turned out really well, much like a scone. I froze some of this and microwaved it straight from the freezer and it was still yummy.
posted by Diana Lesire Brandmeyer